This video is only a guide. Please see the written description for the full syllabus.
- Ouchi Gari into Kouchi Gari
- Kouchi Gari into Tsuri Komi Goshi
- Ouchi Gari into Tai Otoshi
- Kouchi Gari into Tomoe Nage
Demonstrate any counter technique as a result of uke attacking in the following throws:
- Tai Otoshi – Body Drop
- Kouchi Gari – Minor Inner Reap
- Osoto Gari – Major Outer Reap
The above counters are to be demonstrated effectively and with no hesitation. A committed attack from Uke will test Tori’s instinctive response to counter with an Ippon throw.
- Three rollover techniques resulting in any arm lock, strangle or hold.
- Two techniques while Uke is in crouching position
- One technique while Uke is flat on his/her stomach
- One escape while being trapped between Uke’s legs resulting in any arm lock or strangle.
- 3 wins against similar grade or line up of mixed grades.
- 1 draw
- 0 losses allowed
Please note that grading is an assessment of a students knowledge, skill and ability. Clearly, the objective is to win in contest. However, where winning through if a student wins through use of brute force and aggression, rather than a demonstration of skill, technique and understanding of judo the student may not be awarded their grade.