JFAUK /FMA insurance cover
All insurance cover is only valid if registration with the JFAUK is in date and registered with the JFAUK Head Office plus, each club is currently registered with the JFAUK and all fees are paid up to date.
Full insurance cover is provided for public liability £10,000,000 and for Martial Arts accidents of £50.00 per week for all individuals plus Dojo Public Liability cover of £10,000,000.
Full Liability Cover
£10.000.000 for training premises when the Instructor has a valid JFAUK Individual Registration Receipt (FMA Green slip) and the students training on the premises have valid JFAUK Individual Registration Receipts.
There is a £250 excess fee.
Instructors Indemnety Insurance
Instructor’s insurance is set at £111.00 per annum for £10,000,000 cover that includes product liability cover.
All Instructors should have this cover. As an Instructor you are telling your students to follow certain practices or perform in a certain way. Should they be injured by following your advice then they could sue you. This cover is taken out directly with the Broker and not via the federation.
Extensions of cover for Open Tournaments (those involving persons not registered and therefore not insured by the JFAUK) is available via our insurers. Registered member tournaments do not require additional cover.
Accident Insurance Cover for 5 Years to 70 Years of age.
- Death benefit – £15,000 (under 16 years of age or undergoing full time education £5,000).
- Loss of sight in one or both eyes – £25,000
- Loss of limb – £25,000
- Permanent total disability – £25,000
- Permanent and total loss of hearing in both ears £25,000
- Permanent and total loss of hearing in one ear £6,250
- Permanent and total loss of speech £25,000
- Temporary total disability – weekly benefit (for up to 104 weeks from the date of the accident). The first 14 days of any claim is not covered. – adults £50, children £5
- Temporary partial disability – not covered.
- Accident cover is for the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
- The maximum payable to any one person is £25,000.
- The maximum sum payable for the weekly benefit shall not exceed 65% of the insured person’s gross weekly wage.
The insured person will be covered only whilst:
- Their registration with the Federation is in date and registered with the Registration Officer.
- Their Group is currently registered with the Federation and all fees are paid to date.
- Training/competing or officiating for the Federation or the Insured Member Group.
- Taking part in any social activity organised by the Federation or the Insured Member Group.
- Proceeding directly to and returning from the Federations or the Insured Member Group away fixtures as part of an organised party, under the
- Federations or the Insured Member Group auspices, using private cars, motor coaches or public transport, but excluding aircraft or motor cycles.
- The Head Office must be notified without delay of a potential claim. All parts of the claim form must be completed along with the medical document issued with the form. All forms are to be returned to the Head Office for authorisation. The Insurers will only accept claims authorised by the Federation.
- Late claims may not be accepted.
Individual Members Public Liability Cover
£10,000,000 for member to member and member to public cover, when the Instructor has a valid JFAUK Individual Registration Receipt (FMA Green slip) and the students training on the premises have valid JFAUK Individual Registration Receipts.
This insures your legal liability to pay compensation to members of the public or club or federation members if they are injured or their property is damaged as a result of an accident caused by you, your employees or members while acting on your behalf.
Cover applies in the United Kingdom and other member country of the European Union. It also applies elsewhere in the world in respect of employees or members who are temporary abroad on your behalf.
Cover is from 5 years of age.