This video is only a guide. Please see the full syllabus below.
Demonstrate the following throwing techniques while Uke is stationary, and then again while moving. All throws must be dynamic and effective resulting in an Ippon throw.
- Uchi Mata – Inner thigh throw
- Tomoe Nage – Stomach throw
Demonstrate the following groundwork techniques:
- The full ten hold down techniques in the groundwork wheel while Uke tries to escape. Control of Uke and movement must be evident. Uke must not escape. Tori must maintain body contact.
- Two individual techniques turning Uke over from a crouching position resulting in Sangaku Jime.
Demonstrate the following combination techniques. Tori’s first attack must be effective and accurate, forcing uke to respond or avoid so that the transition technique can be realistically implemented. Tori must attack and throw in a controlled manner, show evidence of Kuzushi Tsukiri, Kake and Nage – the four elements of a complete throw.
- Ouchi Gari into Tai Otoshi
- Kouchi Gari into Tai Otoshi
- Ouchi into Kouchi Gari
- De Ashi Harai into Tai Otoshi
- 3 wins against similar grade or line up of mixed grades.
- 1 draw
- 0 losses allowed
Please note that grading is an assessment of a students knowledge, skill and ability. Clearly, the objective is to win in contest. However, where winning through if a student wins through use of brute force and aggression, rather than a demonstration of skill, technique and understanding of judo the student may not be awarded their grade.