This video is only a guide. Please see the full syllabus below.
Demonstrate the following throwing techniques while Uke is stationary, and then again while moving. All throws must be dynamic and effective resulting in an Ippon throw.
- Kouchi Gaki – Minor inner dash
- Okuri Ashi Harai – Sweeping ankle
- Kouchi Gari – Minor inner reap
- Kata Guruma – Shoulder wheel
Demonstrate the following groundwork techniques:
- The full ten hold down techniques in the groundwork wheel while Uke tries to escape. Control of Uke must be evident. Uke must not escape.
- Two individual techniques turning Uke over from a crouching position resulting in Sangaku Jime (Triangular strangle)
Demonstrate any throw into the following:
- Juji Gatame – Cross arm lock
- 3 wins against similar grade or line up of mixed grades.
- 1 draw
- 1 loss allowed
Please note that grading is an assessment of a students knowledge, skill and ability. Clearly, the objective is to win in contest. However, where winning through if a student wins through use of brute force and aggression, rather than a demonstration of skill, technique and understanding of judo the student may not be awarded their grade.