This video is only a guide. Please see the full syllabus below.
Demonstrate the following throwing techniques while Uke is stationary, and then again while moving. All throws must be dynamic and effective resulting in an Ippon throw.
- Ouchi Gari – Major inner reap
- Okuri Ashi Barai – Sweeping ankle
- Taio Toshi – Body drop (left-handed throw from right-handed grip)
Demonstrate the following groundwork techniques:
- The first eight hold down techniques in the groundwork wheel while Uke tries to escape. Control of Uke must be evident. Uke must not escape.
- Two individual techniques turning Uke over from a crouching position resulting in any strangle only (no armlocks permitted).
- Two escapes from any two hold down of candidate’s choice.
Demonstrate the following combination techniques:
- Okuri Ashi Barai into Osoto Gari
- Ouchi Gari into Tai Otoshi
- 3 wins against similar grade or line up of mixed grades.
- 1 draw
- 1 loss allowed
Please note that grading is an assessment of a students knowledge, skill and ability. Clearly, the objective is to win in contest. However, where winning through if a student wins through use of brute force and aggression, rather than a demonstration of skill, technique and understanding of judo the student may not be awarded their grade.