This video is only a guide. Please see the full syllabus below.
Demonstrate the following throwing techniques while Uke is stationary, and then again while moving. All throws must be dynamic and effective resulting in an Ippon throw.
- Morote Seoi Nage – Double hand shoulder throw
- Tomoe Nage – Stomach throw
- Sumi Gaeshi – Corner throw
- Sode Tsuri Komi Goshi – Sleeve resisting hip throw
Demonstrate the following groundwork techniques:
- The full ten hold down techniques in the groundwork wheel while Uke tries to escape. Control of Uke must be evident. Uke must not escape.
- Show two individual techniques turning Uke over from a crouching position resulting in any transitional technique.
- Demonstrate Juji Gatame (Cross Arm Lock) from two different positions.
Demonstrate one escape from the following hold down:
- Kami Shiho Gatame – Upper four quarters
- 3 wins against similar grade or line up of mixed grades.
- 1 draw
- 1 loss allowed
Please note that grading is an assessment of a students knowledge, skill and ability. Clearly, the objective is to win in contest. However, where winning through if a student wins through use of brute force and aggression, rather than a demonstration of skill, technique and understanding of judo the student may not be awarded their grade.